SPICY ROASTED CARROT HUMMUS
- 1.5 cups raw baby carrots (or 2 carrot sticks, chopped)
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 can (15 oz) reduced sodium (drained and rinsed)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh oregano, small handful – (or 1 tsp dried oregano)
- Spread carrots evenly on a lined baking sheet and toss in 2 tsp olive oil. Sprinkle the chipotle chili powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper over the carrots and distribute evenly with your hands. Roast in a 400 degree F oven for 35 minutes.
- Add chick peas to food processor and pulse for a few seconds. Next, add the roasted carrots and do the same.
- With the food processor on, add 2-3 Tbsp of olive oil slowly through the pour spout. You can add more or less depending on the consistency you prefer.
- Add the apple cider vinegar slowly through the pour spout, again keeping consistency in mind.
- Remove the lid and add the remaining seasonings and herbs. Process until combined.