- 1 can pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 medium carrot sticks, diced
- 5 oz baby bella mushrooms, diced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp moroccan seasonings
- small handful of fresh oregano and basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add olive oil to a medium sized pan over medium heat. Sauté carrots and mushrooms until the carrots are tender enough to be pierced with a fork (about 10-15 minutes).
- In a food processor*, add 3/4 of the beans, sautéed vegetables, sesame oil, seasonings, and herbs. Pulse several times until the mixture is well combined, but not a homogenous puree. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the remains beans, incorporating evenly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Form into even-sized patties (I made seven) and transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, carefully flip them, and allow them to cook for another 10-15 minutes.
*if you don’t have a food processor or blender, dice your vegetables a little smaller before you sauté them. Then use a potato masher OR a large fork to mash the beans and vegetables together.