Mediterranean Frittata Muffins
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch wedges
- 1/3 red onion, diced
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup chick peas, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Black pepper to taste
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (I used soy since I didn’t have cow’s milk)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil muffin pan with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, onion and mushrooms and sauce for 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add spinach, chick peas, and oregano. Stir to combine and allow to cook another 2 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
- Remove pan from heat and allow the vegetables to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and pepper. Add feta cheese and stir to combine.
- Scoop vegetable mixture evenly into muffin pan.
- Repeat step 6 with the egg and cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are set with no runny liquid on top. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the pan.
- Enjoy now or store in an airtight container for 3 days. You can also freeze these and microwave one or two at a time.